Sunday, January 14, 2007

Recruiting update on Weed

He's still got a year left at high school, but it's obvious that Laconia's Kieran Weed is going to be playing somewhere in college.

Right now, that appears to be at the Division 2 level. Weed told me that several D2 schools around the region were interested, and that Michigan Tech may be the early clubhouse leader. He also mentioned St. Cloud State and Minnesota-Duluth.

I think Weed is kind of playing out of position right now. He seems to be more of a natural 3 or wing forward rather than a post player. Granted, that opinion is based solely on what I saw Friday, but I wonder what he'd be able to do from the wing spot.

Also, Tyson Apfelbeck said he's leaning toward going to UW-Whitewater for baseball. I didn't get a chance to see if Matt Haass had any more thoughts on where he was headed, nor did I get to reschedule a rematch of our video game disaster from November. I've been practicing.

No comments: