Friday, February 02, 2007

Excellent Michael Hunt column today

I've refrained from commenting on the "brawl" at a recent Bradley Tech-Bay View game. I haven't attended a Milwaukee City Conference game in years, so I really can't speak for the conditions at those events.

However, I think Michael Hunt hits the nail right on the head in today's column. You shouldn't punish the kids in this situation... they did nothing wrong. You should punish the fans that refuse to respect the right of others to watch a high school basketball game in relative peace.

I wouldn't be surprised if MPS holds all conference games right after school starting next season. It's a shame that working parents and fans outside the school won't be able to make many of the games, but its better than taking drastic steps such as cancelling the season.

No comments: