Monday, August 21, 2006

Soda out for first week at least

I realize it's been a while since I've posted. My trusty co-worker, Doug Whiteley, and I have been neck-deep in preparing the football preview special section, which will, as they say in the music industry, drop on Thursday. Check it out.

ANYWAYS, I came across a bit of news when I was out touring the area high schools the last two weeks. Ripon's David Soda, one of the top seniors in the area, will miss at least the Tigers' first game at Clintonville with a bum ankle.

Soda, if you remember, suffered a broken ankle in a playoff game last year and had to watch Ripon's 21-16 state championship victory over West Salem from the sidelines.

However, that's not the ankle that's bothering him. It's the right one this time.

Soda twisted the ankle at a baseball camp before practice started, according to Ripon's Web site.

Ripon should be fine against Clintonville, but could be in trouble the following week when Sheboygan Falls pays a visit to Ingalls Field. The Falcons are one of the top teams in the Eastern Wisconsin Conference and, aside from Waupun, gave Ripon the most trouble last year. Soda starts both ways for the Tigers, and his absence hurts their depth. For a Division 4 school, however, Ripon has tremendous depth at almost every position.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Darnit, I was getting all excited about a Casper commentary on the merits of diet cola ...

Anonymous said...

Let's get this thing up to speed. Football season starts Friday. I thought this was the FONDY Sports Insider? I'd like to see more on Fondy, Springs and WLA. Also, is North Fondy going to field a team this year or not?