Monday, August 28, 2006

State AP rankings should come out soon

I just finished voting in the first Associated Press poll of the season. It's actually the first time I've voted in more than a year. I'm struggling with the ethics of supposed unbiased observes using their opinion to judge the top teams in the state, especially when they couldn't locate a good chunk of them on a map much less see them play.

ANYWAYS, I decided that if I'm going to do it, I'm going to take it seriously. I tried to do as much research as possible for my picks, but there is no fool-proof way to do this. There's no way to have a fair judgement of talent of teams from across the state, so take these rankings for what they are worth — an evaluation by a group of reporters that only get to see a handful of teams each year.

I would have posted my selections here for you to see and comment on, but the voting system we use didn't give me a final list to look over. I do remember that I voted all but one defending champion as the top team in their division, and the one that I didn't (Stratford) I had at No. 2.

Next week, I'll post my selections here, that way you'll know I'm not stuffing the ballot box or anything like that.

No comments: