Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Evansville suspensions?

The scuttlebutt on several Internet message boards is that there are three starters for Evansville that have been suspsended for athletic code violations.

I'm not sure if that is a fact, so I'm not going to speculate.

What I do know, in talking another newspaper reporter that covers the team, is that there were two starters that did not play in Saturday's game against Platteville — Tyler Paquin and Mitch Hutchins.

What they were suspended for, I don't know. Hutchins is 6-foot-3, 195 pounds and a dangerous return man while Paquin is 6-0, 195. The reporter said they both played running back, but knowing the lack of depth many Division 4 teams have, I'd imagine they played a little in the defensive backfield as well.

WIAA rules dictate that players suspended for one game of a WIAA tournament series for an athletic code violation are suspended for the entire tournament. I'm not sure if that's the case here.

That's what I know. If I hear more, I'll post it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, as you have already observed
two Evansville Players did not play last Saturday--we have alot of depth for a D4 school and played very well w/out them. If anything it caused some of our other players to step it up--and you saw the outcome...

Anonymous said...

MAYVILLE IS GOING TO STATE!!!!!!!!