Sunday, November 12, 2006

Quick thoughts

I've gotta get some sleep, but I'll be back throughout the day tomorrow with other tidbits of wisdom, but I wanted to get some quick thoughts up here.

***Tough luck for Kewaskum. It was a sloppy field in West Bend, and I think that hurt the Indians more than it hurt Greendale. Still, Kewaskum had lots of chances in the first half it'd like to have back. You can never pass up an opportunity to score, especially in the playoffs.

***I'm curious as to why West Bend is a host for a state semifinal game. The seating arrangements are subpar, the press box is tiny and I'm not sure the grounds crew was prepared for the snow. Friday's snowfall left about 2 inches of snow that was cleared off... with a plow. While a plow may be effective, I think it also tore up the field more than it had to. The middle of the field was pure mud for most of the game.

***Hats off to Mayville. The defense really came to play in the shutout over Evansville. Wrightstown will be a tough draw; the Tigers have put together some impressive victories over the last few weeks. We'll have plenty more on the Cardinals as the week progresses.

No comments: