Friday, December 08, 2006

Hoops season starting to pick up steam

There still haven't been any huge surprises thus far concerning our area high school basketball teams, but tonight should tell a lot about some of them.

The best on the slate is Laconia at Horicon. The Marshmen return three all-conference players from last year's conference title team, but I'm very high on the Spartans this season. I'd look for Laconia to make a major statement with a victory on the road tonight.

Fondy hopes to get something positive going when it plays at Kimberly. When the schedule came out, I don't think anyone would have been surprised if the Cardinals started 0-3, but from what I've heard it's been a great week of practice at Fondy. I'm not saying the Cards can pull off the upset, but this one might be a bit closer than you think.

I'll be in Campbellsport tonight for what looks to be a great girls basketball matchup between the Cougars and Two Rivers. Campellsport's Kallie Benike and Two Rivers' Dianna Taddy are two of the top players in the state, and I'm looking forward to watching them go head-to-head.

No comments: