Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Watch out for Lomira

A few posts down, someone was incredulous that I picked Lomira for seventh in the seven-team Wisconsin Flyway and claimed that the Lions would finish no lower than third.

While I respected the opinion, I thought to myself "three-win teams that return one starter usually don't do too well." That's why I felt the other six teams in the conference were going to have better seasons.

Not that it's a big surprise, although it happened a bit earlier than usual, it turns out I could be very wrong.

Lomira kicked off its season with a 70-65 victory at Fox Valley Lutheran on Monday night, and the Weninger brothers had a big night, combining for 51 points. According to the Wisconsin Basketball Yearbook, FVL is supposed to finish third in the Valley 8. No matter how you spin it, this is a nice win for Lomira and could mean it's one more team to look out for in a Wisconsin Flyway race that should be a dandy.

No comments: