Friday, December 29, 2006

Why I love this week

This is one of the greatest non-state tournament prep sports weeks of the year. In fact, it might be the best week aside from opening week of prep football. I love it.

Need a reason? Take Thursday's game between Waupun and Brown Deer. Where else are you going to find action like that at 2:15 on a Thursday afternoon? Watching Waupun coach Lucky Wurtz do calisthenics on the sidelines would be worth it even if there wasn't a basketball game going on in front of him.

But there have been great games going on all over the state this week, and some more to come tomorrow, including the Laconia boys against Adams-Friendship in Portage.

If I were the coach of a basketball team, I'd do my darndest to get my squad at one of these tourneys. Provided it's the right fit, it provides quality competition and gives your team a chance to prepare for the tourney atmosphere in March.

What was your favorite tournament of the week?

No comments: