Friday, December 01, 2006

I hate snow

Every year, during the first real big snowstorm, I curse the fact that I live in Wisconsin.

I love the state, I really do. But I hate snow. Can't stand it. It makes everything a hassle. The bottom of your pants are wet. The roads are slippery. Sure, it's nice to look at for a while, but wait until it turns into that grayish slop that stains your shoes.

The one good benefit of snow, I suppose, is that we get to see the TV stations completely overreact to the situation. I watched Channel 4 for about 45 minutes this morning and they kept saying the same thing, over and over. It's snowing. Roads are bad. This is what snow looks like.

ANYWAYS, there are some postponments in our area. I know that the Kewaskum girls game against Roncalli was postponned (Kewaskum didn't have school today). I just got off the phone with Waupun coach Lucky Wurtz, and while the girls game against Milwaukee South is off, the boys game against Beaver Dam is still on. And if I don't wuss out, I'll be in Beaver Dam tonight.

If you know of any postponments, feel free to leave comments here. Or, if you just want to make fun of TV reporters stuck in the snow, you can do that, too.

No comments: