Monday, April 02, 2007

Ben Sheets postgame quotes

OVERALL THOUGHTS: My stuff had some good finish today. I thought I had a good fastball. My curveball wasn’t necessarily great, but everything was good. My defense was outstanding. They made it way easy on me.

ON THE STANDING OVATION WHEN HE CAME UP TO BAT IN THE 8TH: Don’t mention the batters box. (Sheets went 0-for-4 with three strikeouts).

ON HIM HUGGING CATCHER JOHNNY ESTRADA AFTER THE GAME: I always appreciate my catcher. Especially when I don’t shake (him off) that much. It helps to get in the flow and the rhythm. And when catchers are on the same page with you, that’s what makes those innings go by so quick.

ON THE EMOTIONS OF THE GAME: The first inning there were a lot of emotions out there. In (Jeff) Kent’s at bat, I tried to bring myself down and he got me. I was trying to find that groove. You can’t pitch on that emotion the whole game. Once he got me, that kind of helped me settle down. Not the home run, but just in that at bat I was trying to settle down.

EMOTIONS, PART II: I had a Sumo wrestler wrestling in my belly. There’s some good energy that you can feed off of, but that was too much.

OVATION WHILE BATTING, PART II: It feels good. I’d love to go 0-for-4 every game and get my strikeouts in. Set the record.

ON THE OFFENSE: I thought it was nice we got the guys over, got the guys in. they all talk about Billy Hall got the guy in and showed the capability to do that and manufacture runs. I think we’re going to hit some long balls. I think our offense is going to be a lot of fun to watch.

No comments: