Monday, April 02, 2007

Bill Hall postgame quotes

ON ALMOST ROBBING KENT'S HOME RUN: I didn’t get one of those in spring training, so I never really had a (practice) chance at it. I just looked at the wall and said, ‘OK, I think I have a shot at it.’ I think I was up a little early. I think if I timed it a little bit better I catch it. My glove was right where the ball finally hit. Maybe a little better timing and I’d save a home run for Benny.

ON WINNING ON OPENING DAY: Everyone knows we have high expectations coming in. To get off on the right foot is important, it takes a lot of pressure off us to go out there and play the way we’re supposed to play. It’s a great feeling in that clubhouse right now. Even though we know the expectations, we have to see it for ourselves some times. We showed it today and everyone just feeds off each other, hopefully we can turn in victories like this all year long.

ON THE TEAM'S ATTITUDE: Our attitude right now is to win. That’s it. We don’t care about everything else. We want to win every game and win every series. That’s our attitude. We want to be jumping up and down at the end of the World Series.

No comments: