Monday, October 30, 2006

"If you don't dance then you're no friend of mine"

While I try to recover whatever dignity I have left after my horrid predictions for Saturday's games, I thought I'd bask in the deflected glory of others.

Aaron Kramer is the play-by-play man for the Ripon football games on WRPN-AM 1600, and like most local high school announcers, he calls games with lots of emotion. When the playoffs come around, that always makes for good radio.

And Kramer, who runs a great site devoted to the Ripon football team, has posted his game-winning calls for all to enjoy. There's one call in particular that I'd like you to listen to, and that's his call of the game-tying touchdown in overtime.

I like the Men Without Hats reference at the end. I'm not sure if it was a spur of the moment thing, or if it's his regular call.

In case you don't know the Men Without Hats, enjoy this little video.



Of course, Kramer took liberty with the lyrics somewhat. Others are somewhat confused as to what the lyrics actually are, such as this portly fellow.

Is this the anthem of this year's Ripon football team? The 2005 White Sox had Journey's "Don't Stop Believing." Why can't Ripon have the "Safety Dance?"

I'm not positive if this is accurate, but I think this is actual video of Kramer and commentator Bob Lukoski after Saturday's victory over Chilton. My favorite part is around the 2:30 mark.

No comments: